Skip Global Navigation to Main Content
Skip Breadcrumb Navigation
U.S. Citizen Services

The American Citizen Services (ACS) Unit of U.S. Consulate General Tijuana provides a wide range of services to U.S. citizens visiting or residing in the Baja California region of Mexico.  The ACS Unit issues passports, registers U.S. citizens born in Mexico, performs notarials, and provides assistance to U.S. citizens arrested in Mexico and to the families of Americans who pass away in our consular district, which includes the Mexican States of Baja California and Baja California Sur.  Our Consular Agency in Cabo San Lucas handles services for U.S. citizens in the Cabo San Lucas/ La Paz region.

Additional travel information can be found at

Public announcement

  • Due to a consular systems upgrade, consular operations at the U.S. Embassy in Mexico City and all nine consulates throughout Mexico will be closed to the public on Friday, October 9th.   We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.  U.S. citizens requiring emergency assistance should call  011-52-664-977-2000 during business hours, or 1-619-692-2154 after hours or on weekends.

Sport Fishing in Baja

  • Sports Fishing in Baja U.S. citizens should be mindful of entry requirements and permits when traveling into Mexican waters by private boat. Likewise, the U.S. Consulate recommends that all individuals onboard vessels used for sport fishing, including passengers on commercial and charter boats, understand the entry requirements and permits needed before traveling. For more info

Office Hours:

  • Monday through Friday
    7:30 - 16:00 hrs
    except official U.S. and Mexican holidays

    For hours of specific U.S. citizen services such as passports, reports of birth abroad, and notarials, please visit the pages addressing those services.


Duty Officer

  • In case of an after-hours emergency involving U.S. citizens, please contact the Duty Officer.  From Mexico dial 001 (619) 692-2154, from the U.S., call (619)

baja sur residents

  • U.S. citizens who live at the southern end of Baja California Sur may apply at the U.S. Consular Agency in Los Cabos. Click here for the Consular Agency contact information.

    If you apply at the Consular Agency, you must still comply with all the requirements listed on this site.