GENERAL PASSPORT INFORMATION
Appointments are required for most passport services. The American Citizens Services Unit assists American citizens with the following passport services:
- Adult First Time Passport Applications
- Adult Passport Renewals
- Minor Passport Applications (First Time & Renewals)
- Adding Extra Visa Pages to Your Passport
- Amendments to Your Passport
Before you start, please note information on the following:
- Lost or Stolen Passports
- Special Requirements for Minors Under 16
- Fees for Passport Services
- Passport Books vs. Cards
New passports are collected at the consulate. The consulate receives passports approximately two weeks after the appointment time in which the applicant may collect.
Special Assistance & Additional Information
If you require special assistance or accomodations please contact us at (664) 977 – 2000 from 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM. You can also reach us at TijuanaCitizenship@state.gov. Additional information regarding U.S. passports is also available from the Department of State.
Parking: The Consulate does not provide parking. Public parking facilities are available near the Consulate.
Prohibited items: You will pass through a security screening prior to entering the Consulate. Please leave lighters, nail clippers, tweezers, scissors, mp3 players, mobile phones, pagers, cameras, and other electronic devices at home or in your vehicle. Passport applicants are not permitted to bring these items into the Consulate.
UPDATES ON OPERATIONAL STATUS
• We continue to prioritize immigrant visas, adoption cases, and emergency nonimmigrant visa cases. We are printing visas for these cases and all cases with very few delays.
Please check with the embassy or consulate where you will apply for additional information.
• We have made significant progress and issued most of the worldwide backlog of nonimmigrant visa cases. We are working to bring the Consular Consolidated Database back to full operational capacity.
Appointments for Passport services and Consular Reports of Birth Abroad can be made here.
Photo service provided at the Consulate.
Two U.S. Passport size photos (2X2) for $ 80 Pesos
American Citizen Services
Paseo de las Culturas s/n
Mesa de Otay
Delegación Centenario C.P. 22425
Tijuana, Baja California.
(Dialing from the U.S. 011-52 + phone number)
For non emergency info call between 3:00pm -4:00pm
Appointment Hours: Monday-Friday
8:00am – 12:00pm
Info Hours: Monday-Friday
8:00am – 11:00am
Notarial Services: Monday-Thursday
8:00am - 11:00am
(Except for US and Mexican Holidays and Administrative days)
baja sur residents
U.S. citizens who live at the southern end of Baja California Sur may apply at the U.S. Consular Agency in Los Cabos. Click here for the Consular Agency contact information.
If you apply at the Consular Agency, you must still comply with all the requirements listed on this site.